Flights to London Main Airports
London has three major international airports: Heathrow, Gatwick airports and Stansted airport. Most large cities around world have direct flights to London. Good airfare deals can be found online on travel web sites and through online travel consolidators.
London Heathrow Airport
The aiprot is about 15 miles west of the city. The quickest way of travelling to Central London is by the Piccadily Line Undergound. If you have a lot of luggages, it would be better to take the Airbus A1/A2 to Central London. Airbus runs every 20 minutes and the journey takes about 60-70 minutes. The tickets cost £6 single and £10 return. A taxi ride to Central London costs about £30-50. Just follow the signs at the airport to get to the Underground station, Bus stop or the taxi point. Heathrow has the Heathrow Express service to London Paddington station. If you drive your own car, short-term and long-term parking at Heathrow airport are available at all five terminals.
Terminal 5 was Opened in 2008. The main building in the complex is the largest free-standing structure in the United Kingdom. It is used as a global hub exclusively by British Airways.
London Gatwick Airport
London Gatwick airport is about 28 miles south of the city. The Gatwick Express runs a train service between the airport and Victoria station in central London 24 hours a day (every 15 minutes from 5:30am-8pm, every 30-60 minutes other time). The journey takes 30 minutes and tickets cost £8.90 single and £17.80 return. The Flightline 777 Bus also runs a daily service (6:35am-11:25pm) from the airport to Victoria Coach Station. Tickets cost £7.50 single and £11 return.
Stansted Airport is the fastest-growing major airport in Europe and is the main home of the leading low-cost scheduled airlines, dealing with over 20 airlines and flying to more than 124 destinations. Terravision operates a dedicated, direct coach service between London Stansted airport and London Victoria. Services run up to every 20 minutes, with first service from London Victoria at 3am.
Flight arrival nformation:
- London Heathrow Airport - 0870 0000 123 (Live Flight Arrivals)
- London City Airport - 020 7646 0088 (Live Flight Arrivals)
- London Gatwick Airport - 0870 000 2468 (Live Flight Arrivals)
- London Luton Airport - 01582 405100
- London Stansted Airport - 0870 0000 303 (Live Flight Arrivals)
- Aberdeen - 01224 722331 (Live Flight Arrivals)
- Belfast International - 028 9448 4848 (Live Flight Arrivals)
- Birmingham - 08707 335511 (Live Flight Arrivals)
- Cardiff - 01446 711111
- Edinburgh - 0131 333 1000 (Live Flight Arrivals)
- Glasgow BAA - 0141 887 1111 (Live Flight Arrivals)
- Glasgow International - 01292 511 000 (Live Flight Arrivals)
- Manchester - 0161 489 3000 (Live Flight Arrivals)
- Newcastle - 0191 286 0966 (Live Flight Arrivals)
- Southamption - 023 8062 0021 (Live Flight Arrivals)